The Next Best Thing to Natural Teeth
Why should you consider getting dental implants to replace missing teeth? Because they are the closest thing to your own natural teeth. They are stable, strong and create a long-term solution to the problem of missing teeth. And with proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Besides the obvious benefit of being able to chew your food properly, dental implants can make you look better. This applies not only to front teeth where they fill an obvious gap left by missing teeth, but on back teeth as well because they fill out your face. You see, missing teeth can create hollows and sagging skin that makes you appear older.
More Benefits from Dental Implants
- Dental implants also help to prevent bone loss because they stimulate bone growth and promote bone stability.
- Cavity proof! Cavities can occur only on natural teeth. You will still need to brush and care for them and receive ongoing dental care (just as you do for natural teeth), but you need not worry about developing cavities in them.
- Dental implants may allow you to speak more clearly. Unlike some dentures, there is no slippage with implants. With implants you do not have to worry that you dentures will slip when you laugh, talk, chew or yawn or that there will be a clicking sound as you readjust them back into place.
- You can also eat all of your favorite foods without worrying about having to adjust your dentures or being able to properly chew.
- Dental implants can also protect your natural teeth too. Because a missing tooth means less support for adjacent teeth, having one missing tooth can lead to losing others. Dental implants stop your natural teeth from shifting by filling the spaces left by missing teeth.
Overall, the benefits of implants are easy to see, but the best thing may just be that you have something to smile about.