Sylacauga Tooth Extractions
When faced with an extraction, you don’t want to be anywhere else than alongside the talented, experienced team at Luma Dentistry. We never want to have to pull a tooth, but sometimes there’s no avoiding it. Rest assured, we put a high priority on comfort while quickly and affordably completing all extractions. Many of our doctors have successfully completed postgraduate surgical training in addition to their other specialties and certifications. What does this mean for you and your family? It allows for a more predictable extraction process delivered with a delicate, caring touch.
Common Reasons Extractions Have to Happen
Were you aware that you have two sets of teeth when you’re born called milk teeth and permanent teeth? Milk teeth are what the Tooth Fairy makes all her money from, prior to the eruption of our permanent or adult teeth, which are meant to last a lifetime. However, that’s not always the case, and extraction can be a viable solution in these special cases:
1) Severe Tooth Decay or Damage
- If you have a tooth or teeth where deterioration reaches the center of the tooth known as the pulp, it can do irreparable damage, making it too late for a root canal. This generally occurs when an infection is severe and also in high danger of spreading. An extraction could be the next best option.
2) Treating Advanced Periodontal Disease
- In its earliest stages, periodontal disease, or gum disease, is known commonly as gingivitis and is marked by the presence of infection. If left untreated, it could affect your surrounding tissue, muscle, and bone. Your teeth can begin to loosen and an extraction may help.
3) Helping an Impacted Tooth
- Sometimes a tooth that’s having trouble erupting or coming through your gums will require a simple extraction. This is usually done on wisdom teeth. An impacted tooth can do damage to your other teeth, so many times having it pulled is the best solution to avoid overcrowding or unwanted infection.
Don’t let the thought of having an extraction keep you from getting the dental care you need and deserve. Talk to Luma Dentistry today.