Complete & Partial Dentures
It finally happened. Your dentist in Central Alabama said it’s time to think about dentures, and your heart nearly sank. We’ve heard the same sort of story from so many of our patients who are deciding if an investment in dentures is the right thing to do. No one really wants to hear that they might be facing the idea of losing some, if not all, of their teeth. Regardless of your age, we’re here to tell you that you’re not alone in the apprehension you might be feeling. It’s a completely normal part of the complete and partial dentures process. Take comfort in knowing that you’ve got Luma Dentistry in your corner if life ever delivers this problematic punch.
How Listening and Learning Lead to Relief
One of the common things that happen when we’re working with a patient interested in some form of denture is this: Relief tends to set in once you start the conversation with us. We want you to share:
- What’s troubling you about your smile
- Any worries you have about life with dentures
- Your feelings about the denture process
Once we take the time to alleviate your concerns, you can see that it becomes easier to see the many advantages of having either partial or complete dentures.
Smile at All of the Benefits
Before we explain the benefits of partial and complete dentures, it might be helpful to understand the difference between them. It simply breaks down like this:
- Partial Dentures – This type of dental restoration is carefully constructed to replace one or more of your missing teeth. These can be made so that they’re permanent or removable.
- Complete Dentures – Complete dentures are removable and designed to replace all missing teeth on both your upper and lower arches of your mouth.
Instead of feeling intimidated by dentures, we want you to feel enlightened and empowered by what they can do for you and your smile. We’ve seen firsthand and can share with you all of the benefits of completing this type of restoration treatment, including:
- Improved self-confidence in how you look and feel about yourself and your smile
- You won’t have to compromise your diet due to sore or missing teeth
- How easy it is to keep your partial or complete dentures clean
- Better speech or ability to communicate compared to missing teeth
- Having a set of dentures that are able to withstand the test of time
Talk to Luma Dentistry today for more information and options!